7.20.2007

We are Weird

Ok, well Sallie already knows this because I had a long conversation with her outlining just how weird I am last night. But this point is watermelon specific. I made that fabulous watermelon salad a few days ago, the exact day that it was posted by our blogmaster, in fact. Well, Ted and I thought it was THE most fantastic thing!! Great recipe. Then my last day of class and we were all supposed to bring it some food to make it celebratory, you know. I was too preoccupied to make something special for my classmates, so at the last minute I grabbed the bowl of watermelon salad and brought it along. One person asked for the recipe but didn't eat anything. (What is that? Her special method of being polite?) The people that ate it said things like, "Oh it's actually good," that kind of thing. I said "I know it's good." I think they felt like they had to like it, but fellow bloggers, I'm here to tell you, the watermelon salad was not a hit. Of an unwatermelon nature, shall we wear our strangeness like high school chidren wear their combat boots and black eyeliner or shall we tuck it neatly away in our sock drawer for a private moment on a cold winter's night?

1 comment:

Erin said...

Casey and I call it our 'Freak Flag', and it usually pertains to the sheer number of times we have each painted our living rooms, but I say, wave it high! Why do you think I love you all so much? Is it your love of the roller derby? That I know you can weild a chain saw? That I used to wear combat boots? Yes- it is the yes. It is that we can still be as delighted by this world as when we were 8, or even a disillusioned 19 (or 32). Wave it high!