8.27.2007

Intuitive Feasts

I am not a visionary. I am a dreamer, however. And I have noticed that the relationships that foster and are most amused by my capacity for speculation and fantasy are the ones in which I am most comfortable. (Read: free to wave that flag.) KT is always willing to indulge my ideas as well as my emotions, and for that, I am always eternally grateful. But I don't think even she could have forseen this.

The week before last, I took that gorgeous drive up the Eastern Shore to join KT and Ted, and all of the other Thorns and some Higsons (thanks Mollie and Phil!!) at their beach house in Delaware. I stopped by the Farmer's market before I left, and arrived in Bethany armed with more veggies than you could shake a stick at. Oh, and no plan as to what to do with them. Beach houses are fantastic for oh, so many reasons. One reason is the adventurous spirit by which you must approach cooking- kind of like camping deluxe.



So, we dove right in, planning banana peppers stuffed with fresh goat cheese and herbs, brown rice, and a Mexican ratatouille with veggies, black beans and salsa. We had so much fun- I laughed and said something like 'Wouldn't it be fun to have intuitive dinners at the farm? We could bring in whatever was good that day, and make something up!' KT said she didn't know too many brides that would go for an intuitive menu for their wedding. She was probably right, but check out the Orangette entry for 8/20.

Weird, eh?

No comments: