3.11.2008

Truly.

Ok- so my new favorite albums are 1) the soundtrack from Juno- super fun and sweet, and 2)Raising Sand by- ok, ready? Robert Plant and Alison Krauss. OH MY GOODNESS. It is the most beautiful thing- from the haunting 'Killing the Blues' to the hilarious 'Fortune Teller', I am completely entranced and in love. I feel like I have heard all of the songs before, and at the same time, they all feel completely new. Mmmm.... I am also having a little Duran Duran fetish, but that is my own problem. Get the first two- directly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin, Yes, I have heard about this Krauss/Plant album but other than hearing an NPR or something interview with Plant about it, I haven't actually heard it. Soon, soon!

Anonymous said...

Hey my name is D.O. and I recently posted a comment on your post about Shane Claiborne telling you about Another World is Possible. Well I've just got one more thing I wanted to tell you about and then I'll leave you alone. The folks who made the AWIP DVD's are making a feature-length documentary called "The Ordinary Radicals." The film will address many of the negative stereotypes that are affiliated with present-day Christianity, and tell the stories of ordinary folks who are disproving these generalizations. People doing pretty amazing things, motivated by their faith. I think you should check it out. Interviews include folks like Shane Claiborne, Rob Bell, Brian McLaren, Becky Garrison, and a whole host of others. If you'd like to learn more or pre-order the DVD, check out the website at www.theordinaryradicals.com.

I know this doesn't have a ton to do with Allison Krauss (whom I love), but I couldn't find a link to email you. And it's got more to do with your blog than tv digital does, if I may say so.