3.09.2008

My love letter to the universe continues...

Well, hello there. Somehow, somewhere, I started moving, and haven't really sat down since. It is all good, just less still than it used to be- which is funny because I actually tried to start meditating every day. That turned into a creative excercise on how exactly I define meditation. Thus, I spent a lot of time trying to excuse my lack of time to just be. Ironic, yes? Just when I need peace the most, I try to wiggle out of it. Lame, I know- especially because Thomas Merton's presence weighs heavy in that corner- not chiding, just very much there.

It is a strange sensation- I have that exuberance usually reserved for summertime, very project oriented with very little attention span for anything quiet. I am going to attempt the balance- certainly there is goodness in that. Mine is a moving meditation- a becoming in action, a walk. I am ok with that- becoming by doing. As I have discovered, being and doing are not mutually exclusive.

In any case, If I am not here, you can probably find me here.

1 comment:

DL3 said...

I am pleased to be informed on an important subject for your happiness

http://dl3mashael.blogspot.com/2011/01/why-west-needs-to-islam-video-why-you.html