12.03.2007

Ahhhh....Mercy

Ok- I feel better. I made soup. And not just any soup- I made bisque. And, not just any bisque- I made tomato bisque. Really, you should try it. And since I cook like I have six children, I made enough tomato bisque to keep me happy for days. Oh, let us be thankful for those who share our food, as well as for those who make it possible.

I also got a tree. A sparkly, fat, southwestern pine has now taken up residence in my living room. It is covered in my lackadaisical, spotty and effervescent Christmas past. And I love it. I got up in the middle of the night last night to see if it needed water. I went and bought the last Christmas lights available at Kroger. (Now that I think of it, that wasn't so very kind of me. ) But, hey. It took a lot of consideration for me to get here, with a tree in my living room. I was staunchly opposed to the Christmas tree for way too long. Before I knew about productive agricultural land use, and carbon fixing, and how very happy those twinkly beings can make a person, I was appalled at the very idea. But I must say, it is awfully nice to come around.

No comments: