6.15.2007

But in all seriousness...

But in all seriousness, I did just get invited today to a campout at a farm in Pennsylvania not far from here that is a Pagan retreat center kind of thing, and so I think orgiastic Pagan festivals are definitely the right mindset to be in. I also recently heard about someone who bought some property in WV, about 100 acres, a little west of here, and set it up as a campsite. They have a bonfire/potluck every Saturday night and there is a bit of a community feel to it, not just straight camping. And that speaks to the idea Sallie was having about the fact that so much of our "offering" is a sense of community.


Here's the blueprint ->




Also, a couple years ago Ted and I went to a fantastic party at a cross-country skiing property. They had the BEST Moosewood style food, a huge bonfire, old-time string bands and a real green feel. They don't have lodging but I think mostly make their money from skiing and the restaurant which is on the property. Here is the link to their cafe: http://www.whitegrass.com/cafe.html


Check it out, because that's an interesting model for us too, presumably minus the skiing.




Point is, it can be done.




Now to the subject of competitive eating.




I also think it would be a great idea to get into competitive eating, host hot dog eating contests, saurkrout, doughnut, and rib eating contests. Now just because the Japanese seem to be dominating this arena for the past decade or so doesn't mean it couldn't work here on the East Coast. I hereby submit the future of competitive rib eating:

Ok, that was a shameless ploy to show this adorable picture of Ruby eating a rib in celebration of our first business planning session that went so terribly awry for poor Ted Higson. Trying to rein us all in. Not realizing that the glory of the hobbit people HAS TO BE REALIZED. I do believe I should retire. Tomorrow I rub.


































No comments: