11.01.2007

It is always Christmas

At least that is what it feels like at this time of year. Usually, the amount of hoopla kind of annoys me, but I have FINALLY overcome my personal grinch. I waited until after at least Halloween to tell you all this, but we have been preparing for Garden Fest, (the garden's winter extravaganza) for weeks now, and it has me all spirited. The best part, (are you ready for this?) is that we are to build little hobbit houses for the train exhibit. That is the wording in the press release. Hobbit houses. What a trip!

So, if you are around the Richmond area between Thanksgiving and New Year's, check out Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden. It is so gorgeous, it exorcised my Christmas grouch. (Not an easy task- I even thought I liked him a little.) There will be tons of botanical displays, and lights everywhere. There will be a bonfire with S'mores, hot chocolate and, of course, hobbit houses. If you can guess which house is mine, your prize will be a glass of wine- with me. Hee.

Oh, but if you can't make it then, you should know that we also planted 2,000 POUNDS of spring blooming bulbs. Yep- one ton of narcissus, crocus and tulips. Do come and see. Good gracious.

No comments: